LinkedIn is one of the most popular social media/networking platforms meant for professionals. You can learn how to avail it’s premium subscription for free for 6 months in this article.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is essentially a networking, career development and an employment platform that was founded in 2002 in the now very famous Mountain View, California, United States in the living room of one of the co-founders Reid Hoffman.
Through LinkedIn you can showcase your education, work experience, skills, certifications and achievements on your profile page. You can send connection requests to people to expand your network, connect directly with recruiters for job opportunities and even apply for jobs in various job postings.
Things like job alerts are really helpful for job seekers who are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities. They can set up which job profile they are looking for, whether they want to work on-site, hybrid or remote, whether they want to intern, or work part-time or full time and their preferred work location. The featured section helps the users showcase and highlight their most important links, posts, articles and their resume.
What is LinkedIn Premium?
LinkedIn Premium is a subscription service that provides various perks over the free version of LinkedIn. For job seekers the subscription starts at $29.99 per month and for recruiters it is as high as $140 a month.
What are the benefits of LinkedIn Premium?
- A badge next to your name in your profile page and when your profile appears in someone’s search results
- Complete list of people that have viewed your profile in the last 90 days
- A job application of a premium user is prioritized over a free user’s(best for job seekers)
- Access to 16000+ LinkedIn Learning courses for free(best perk according to me)
- InMail – can send messages to people outside of your network
- Unlimited Search – you can search and view any number of profiles and can look at up to third degree connection profiles.
- Can compare your profile with other applicants’ profile who applied for the same job as you
- Open profile(can receive and send messages without connecting), interview prep, recommending of the jobs for which you are the top candidate ans so much more….
How to get free LinkedIn Premium subscription?
You can get the LinkedIn Premium subscription for free for 6 months if you are a student in India by visiting the link below.
Fill in your details in the form and click on verify my student status
Upload your college id to get verified
Note: In some cases a link to your college website opens just ignore that.
If all goes well you will be redirected to LinkedIn and your premium subscription would be activated.
If not then check your email. You would have received a redeem link in your email. You can open it from there and receive premium. Keep in mind your LinkedIn account needs to be verified with an email account to get the premium.